Monday, August 25, 2008

The finished product draws closer.




Donnie called me all excited today, to let me know that the stuff for the pond was here. He actually had to take his truck down to the Millersburg exit to meet the semi truck that was waiting there to unload the stuff. We got a lot of stuff and they forgot 50 ft. of pipe, so we will have another box, showing up.




Donnie has dug out slots for the filters and they are sitting where he wants them to go. We have one more filter but have not figured out where to put that one yet. That one pumps 3,000 gal. of water an hour. The big one pumps 4,200 an hour, so it will pump our pond out in about 45 min. The pond will hold around 3,000 to 3,500 gal.




To answer some of your questions, yes David it will have a waterfall and hopefully be up and running by next month, sometime. There are a couple of golf courses in town but luckily we don't have to resort to stealing. Our neighbor would be more than happy for us to take a couple of lillys out of his pond. Teri, around the edge of the pond is mud, basically. we have a lot of clay in our soil, so it hardens up pretty good. As far as Scrappy is concerned, you are probaby right Shannon and Jen, he probably is waiting for them koi to go in there. It will be really interesting to see how both of our cats react to the pond being full of water and fish as they both like to roll around in the dirt right now. Maybe we should think about getting a couple of kitty size life rings, just incase HeHe. We will definitley try to get pictures.

3 comments:

Terio said...

I did not understand that your pond was so massive and such an undertaking! When can I come for a visit? I think the timing of the finished product just might coincide with my Fall break so....I can feel a trip North for a family visit as well as some shopping!

Jenn said...

Yes, I didn't realize it was going to be SO FLIPPIN HUGE either! That's crazy! I'm happy for you that it's almost done but equally just as happy the kitties will have a nice new adventure every day with those Koi!

Shannon said...

Brenda when we finally quit wandering the world can I borrow Donnie to put in a pond for me? I want a pretty garden with a koi pond! For now I will just enjoy yours on line.